Enrollment Requirements & Information
We would like to make your application and acceptance to Northeastern University's online MST program as smooth and effortless as possible. To help you with your application, we have outlined the enrollment requirements and the application process below.
Should you require any assistance or have any questions, please consult our Tuition and Financial FAQs or contact an enrollment advisor. If you would like a program brochure and do not already have one, please fill out the form to the right or request one here.
Step 1 - Ensure you meet all enrollment requirements:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Undergraduate GPA must be 3.25 or higher on a scale of 4.0 or GMAT score required
- Undergraduate or graduate course in taxation with a grade of 3.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0
- A minimum of two (2) years of tax experience including one busy season or hold the following credentials: JD, CPA, CFP, or Enrolled Agent
- Candidates whose undergraduate instruction was not conducted in English need to submit official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE academic scores
* For candidates not meeting all enrollment requirements, the enrollment committee may consider supplemental documentation, including official GMAT test scores.
Step 2 - Contact an Enrollment Advisor to begin the application process:
- Walk you step-by-step through the application process
- Determine which start date best fits your plans
- Address concerns or questions you may have
Step 3 - Complete the application package with the following:
- Three (3) professional letters of recommendation
- One (1) essay
- Current resume
- Transcript(s) from each college/university and/or graduate school you attended
- International transcripts must be translated and WES evaluation provided
- Non-refundable $100 US application fee
Step 4 - Submit your completed application:
Only complete application packages will be reviewed by the enrollment committee.
To begin the application process, please contact an Enrollment Advisor.